Angel Jake at the RBC (Rainbow Broadcasting Corporation)

Angel Jake at the RBC (Rainbow Broadcasting Corporation)

Saturday, August 4, 2007

When the Bloom is on the Dog, Run for the Hills


















I think the folks must have gotten bored after all their hard work these last few weeks 'cause all of a sudden they got that look in their eyes which JH and I recognize.
Mom calls me over in one of her sweetest voices, picks me up, and hands me over to Dogdad. And then Dogdad, in his best guy-friendly voice, says, "Hi Buddy, Hi Pal, Hi Jakester." And out comes The Furminator...
Just Harry -- nobody's fool after all -- typically runs into my cubicle, while I get stuck on Dad's lap for a bit of pre-grooming with that trusty instrument.
It doesn't hurt, honest, and it delays the time of plucking. It's just the indignity of it all (I have spared you the most undignified poses).
And of course, JH did get his turn, lured by those same sweet/guy-friendly voices.
Jake

10 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We don't have the furminator at our house but we do have other torturous-looking devices but we actually love being groomed because it makes us a whole lot cooler! Don't you get major kisses and compliments from the hoomans telling you how handsome you both are?

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Daniella said...

Tee hee, your daddy looks like David Letterman!
I get furminated too...I like it. But I don't get put in a headlock like I see you in the picture...hee hee. You sure have a very hairy face dude!

Gus said...

Hey guys, you have a yellow furminator, and B&S have a blue one. Now we are confused about which one to get. Suggestions?

Agatha and Archie said...

Well we have to say that you look just like we do when we are furminated....NOT TOO HAPPY!!!! We would never allow to be done on PL"1s lap though.It would never happen!!! Love A+A

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Every time we see one of those things we are glad we have smooth coats. We hardly ever have to worry about a brush or comb. When Mom pets us, we drop any excess hair ... usually on her work suits.

Anonymous said...

There must be something in the air! Mom set up the "chair of terror" - the little backjack chair she puts in the living room in front of the TV - and got out the dreaded grooming tool kit, conveniently housed in an old milk bottle carrier. I hid under the bed, but she poked me out with a yardstick and grabbed me. 4 hours later - I was stripped naked as a jaybird!

Libby Longtail

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Oooo, you've been FURMINATED! You don't look very happy in the photos! J x

Ferndoggle said...

Oh My Goodness...NOT THE FURMINATOR!! I hate that stupid thing. It steals all my furs!! I need them...to look big & muscular.

Dirty trick.

Sherman

Stanley said...

I've never been furminated before. I hear some dogs actually like it. Go figure.

You're lookin' good, man!

Goob love,
Stanley

Luna "The Scruffy Yacht Dog" said...

My Mom has all kinds of torture combs and brushes. All I gotta say is better you than me. Whenever I harass her while she is hogging the computer she scoops me up and out come the evil instruments. You would think
I would learn.

Luna Licks,

From the Long Island Luna-tic