Angel Jake at the RBC (Rainbow Broadcasting Corporation)

Angel Jake at the RBC (Rainbow Broadcasting Corporation)

Sunday, December 19, 2010

"I won't eat my kibble unless I have some pumpkin!"

This is Jake's mom musing over what happened today. Usually Jake gets two meals a day. The finest of kibbles. Usually he eats hungrily, after making sure that his brother has gotten his own food. Sometimes, however, he doesn't eat right away and I'll spice things up with a bit of pumpkin.

This morning that's what happened: kibble in bowl, Jake looking at it disinterestedly, wandering around until I added the pumpkin, but then crunching merrily away. This evening, same scenario -- kibble in bowl, me in kitchen, Jake not eating. Suddenly I feel two paws scratching at my back insistently. Message clear. Out comes the pumpkin, in goes a spoonful into the bowl. Cue sound of happy dog crunching merrily away. Close in on empty bowl

Who says dogs can't talk?

Joan

14 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Mom says we have similar issues here with Phantom, but he doesn't like his foods mixed:( He is quite the challenge to feed these days. Hope the pumpkin supply is good in your area for Jake's sake:)

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Kari in Alaska said...

He just wanted a little taste of the holidays :)

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Pumpkin...

Khat...

Grey Poupon...

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

WFT Nobby said...

Dogs can't talk!!!???

I'm kinda relaxed about when I eat my kibble, but I wolf it straight down if Gail adds a bit of meaty gravy or something. But pumpkin? That sounds weird...

Toodle pip!
Bertie

Molly the Airedale said...

I used to pull the same thing, Jake! We get a dollop of yogurt on our food at every meal now! It's like our cherry on top, right?!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Dexter said...

Yuh, a little something extra please to at least get started. I like a dollup of pumpkin or yogurt or something. Without that I look at my bowl, look at momma, make sad face. Boo hoo.

Slobbers,
Mango

Angus said...

That story sounds kinda familiar.

Gus said...

Sounds like home! Glad he likes the pumpkin...I sorta prefer left over pasta!

Oskar said...

Oooh, I would like to try pumpkin someday! I will request some soon.

I have a blog that I'd love for you to check out, www.PetBlogsUnited.com. It's a great place for pet bloggers to find each other.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Molly the Airedale said...

We got your adorable Christmas card in the mail today, guys! Thank you so very much. You are so very thoughtful!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

COL. Sam ASTA-fari Joe H. Pinkerton Peabody, Esq said...

We have a bit of pumpkin and some cinnamon on our food daily. We love it. Yummers.

Kess And Her Mama said...

Looks like Jake has trained you well ;-)

Princess Patches said...

Thank you for the beautimous Christmas card! We didn't send any this year. Sorry. Our mom got the cards out, but then just couldn't do it! Maybe next year!

We like pumpkin on our foods too, but usually we will take whatever she puts on top of the food. Yes, we do need something just so it isn't nekked kibble! Would you say we are spoiled?


Aire-hugs,
Penny & Patches

Lacy said...

w00fs, hmmm, me can be a little picky sometimes, but jodee will eat anything..

b safe,
rocky