Angel Jake at the RBC (Rainbow Broadcasting Corporation)

Angel Jake at the RBC (Rainbow Broadcasting Corporation)

Monday, April 26, 2010

A (Not So) Funny Thing Happened to Me While We Were at "Animal Camp!"

As the folks had a two-edged business trip to Sarasota, Florida, and Birmingam, Alabama, last week, Just Harry and I made arrangements for a week at our favorite "animal camp." {We also arranged to be air lifted out for a quick trip to Ioway to welcome Ms. Katie Lamb to her new home; but that's another story -- see Scruffy, Lacie and Stanny's blog for the details.]

Anyway -- upon our return, just as I was getting into my full rhythm of barking and jumping and barking and jumping and barking and jumping with the other campers, I suddenly found myself in a stuporous state and when I came to , I discovered that I was poodly. Yep, take a look, poodly!!!


And when they brought me a mirror to gaze upon my fortunately still wirey face, I discovered that my canines were sparkly white. I fully suspect that Mom had engineered (no, that's wrong, Dogdad's the engineer, Mom's the planner) - I fully suspect that Mom had planned this little surprise for me when she realized that my gums were not looking too chic. Just Harry apparently escaped this time as his situation wasn't as serious ... but I warned him to beware!!! When we finally got home last Friday, we had lots of cuddles to make up for lost time.


But what we most like to do when we get home from camp is -- snooze, and snooze, and snooze some more.


Once we got our home legs back, we checked out the patio.
At least JH did. I still had some more snoozes in me.
That is, until JH decided it was "is that you, my brother," time.
Must be that fresh breath and those pearly whites! {He kissed me. Ewwww! By the way, has anybody seen my Gabbi, except on FB?}

And finally -- back to the kitchen, where hope always springs eternal when Dogdad is at the counter
One of us on either side, just in case.
We'll have more via our pal, H.C. Bird, about what went on in Sarasota and Birmingam. But in the meantime - here is one of the few absolutely positively South Florida spring time signs: the beautiful but short-lived yellow tabebuia.
Wirey love, with constant thoughts and prayers for our fluffy pal in Southwest France, Digby, who is fighting the awful results of a brown tick bite!

Jake

17 comments:

Dexter said...

Welcome back from camp. That was a mean trick that got played on you. Poodle leg. At least they could have done all four to give you a balanced look, but I bet you are loving your sparkly clean toofers.

Archie has poodle legs. Maybe it is the WFT look this summer.

Slobbers,
Mango

Moose said...

Sorry you got poodled! You are still handsome and I am sure your mouth is gleaming and minty fresh!! Glad the pawrents are back, there is no place like home!

Asta said...

Deawest Jakey
What a woode awakening, but I bet youw teefs awe magnificently bwight and white and youw bweaf a delight(SMACK!) I'm glad you'we both at home wif DogMom and DogDad. That twee is fantastic..my paws awe cwossed fow digby ..poow boy
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Gus said...

Wow...that was a pretty sneaky plan your mom made. And I hate to tell you this, but I can still make my leg look poodly where the IV was two years ago...Muzzer is about to shave them all down so they match! NONONONO!!!! I will be good, I promise.

HAH

gussie

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Ah, I see you caught me worrying in the middle of the night. Guilty as charged. I am in such hopes that Digby makes it!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

What a beautiful tree you have there!!! Too bad about the poodle look, at least it is only temporary. And now those pearly whites are just beautiful. Hope you can find Gabbi soon, we miss them too.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

It so takes a tough WFT to make the poodle look work!

Well done!

Welkhome Bakhk!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Eric said...

Jake,that's shocking. What a terrible trick to play on you. I hope you told 'em what you thought about it by barkingalot.

The more I see of it, and there seems to be a bit of it about this season, the more I'm liking that poodle legged look.

Wiry love Eric xx

ScrapsofMe said...

You know, the poodle look might catch on for summer. Nice and cool, no wet leggies for running out during storms like last night...wow what a thunderboomer that one was! It would be easier to chase fleas n ticks. I wonder how I'd look with pom-poms on my feetsies and the bare leggie look? Mini-skirt, poodle socks and bare 4 inch leggies. Can't get cuter'n that!

sniffies,

Bonnie

doyle and mollie said...

man you gotta watch those hoomans they are furry tricky - oi and what's wrong with a good poodle's leg
arf arf arf loves and licks

Kari in Alaska said...

hee hee hee you're poodly

TwoSpecialWires said...

Well. Fergi doesn't know it yet ... but she's probably about to join the pompompoodleleglook. I just happened to overhear that she's wanting pearly whites for her summer trip, so she can flash her emerging smile at the buddies she meets on the LONG trip. Her turn comes in mid-May. Me? I'll keep eating apples and chewing on bones.

We're glad you're all home and together again. Begging for and getting treats. And seeing spring spring into place. That yellow tree is sooo pretty.

Back to work. This was s'posed to be short and sweet. (But we've missed visiting our friends.)

Jake and Fergi in Colorado xxoo

Ina in Alaska said...

We 4 poodles are so admiring your gorgeous poodle cut!!! and you have movie star teeth too!! Wow, looking great and thanks for the beautiful views of that pretty yellow tabebuia! We don't have ANYTHING that looks like that in Anchorage!

Our mom read your comment to us about how you had a lovely dinner at the Hotel Captain Cook. Pretty swanky place! She loves to go there, it is a special treat! xoxo

Molly the Airedale said...

Wow! Those are sure sparkling clean toofies!
The yellow tabebuia tree is just gorgeous!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

WFT Nobby said...

Oh no, all poodly! but those teeth are so white. I think I can see them sparkling from here!
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

The Black and Tans. said...

Good to read you are safely home from camp.

I used to have nasty teefies and gums but now my hoomans clean my gnashers twice a week with my own very special toothbrush. I just love poultry flavoured toothpaste.

Taffy

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

If Animal Camp has two pigs named Napoleon and Snowball, a goat named Muriel and a big horsed Boxer. We suggest you run.

Essex & Deacon