Angel Jake at the RBC (Rainbow Broadcasting Corporation)

Angel Jake at the RBC (Rainbow Broadcasting Corporation)

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bonnie Banks and Bonnie Braes

If you haven't already noticed that I'm over in Scotland for a wee visit to celebrate my girl, Gabbi's, birthday, then hie yourself over to Petey's Playhouse for a look see.

http://peteysplayhouse.blogspot.com-

And here are the words to a song I'll be singing when we all pull up to Beagle Land!!! It's kind of a sad song for broken-hearted lovers -- but since Gabbi and I live so far apart, there's always a bit of nostalgia in our hearts.

By yon bonnie banks and by yon bonnie braes,
Where the sun shines bright on Loch Lomond.
Where me and my true love were ever wont to gae
On the bonnie, bonnie banks O' Loch Lomond.

O ye'll tak' the high road and I'll tak' the low road,
An' I'll be in Scotland afore ye;
But me and my true love will never meet again
On the bonnie, bonnie banks O' Loch Lomond.

'Twas there that we parted in yon shady glen,
On the steep, steep side O' Ben Lomon',
Where in purple hue the Hieland hills we view,
An' the moon comin' out in the gloamin'

The wee birdies sing and the wild flow'rs spring,
And in sunshine the waters are sleepin';
But the broken heart it kens nae second spring,
Tho' the waefu' may cease frae their greetin'.

11 comments:

Martha said...

Oh well that is a cheery song!!! You and your true love are meeting and will meet again!!
We are happy to be travelling with you!
Bailey and I felt weak at the knees when we saw all you male dogs in your golfing gear.
We cant wait for the party!!!
love
Martha xxx

Unknown said...

Ah, Jakie, you put a wee tear in me eye. Perhaps we'll need to share a wee dram or two before we burst into song for our lady loves!

Your pal,

Petey

Gus said...

Upon Beagleland we are goin' ta stand, All of us hip deep in the heather. And me and my dog pals a courtin' we will go, in the shade of the lovely Loch Lomon'

Now I've got my Gabbi and Petey his Rose, and Eric's providin the transport. We'll hide from the Aunties and share a tiny dram, and we're hopin the girrrls don't wear panties.

And Marvin will join us and so will Lacie Beast and we won't care so much 'bout the weather, Til Hamish the scottie serves his Haggis feast then we'll all return home to get better.

gussie

Eric said...

Oooh it's haaaahaaaahaa Eric here hooo haaa can't stop laughing at Gussies words for your wee ballad Jake. Which are you going to sing? Its been wagging wonderful having you over our side of the pond jake bide a wee while longer eh?

Wiry loves and kissies, Eric xxx

Asta said...

Jakey
This is heawtwending..but so lovely..enjoy evewy moment and give that bonnie Gabbi a big smooch
youw bwuvvew and HC biwd as well as youw wheeley lookalikes helped wescoo Mywna's little baby boy..it was vewy scaiwy and exciting..not neawly as nice as the twip to scotland..but we'we vewy gwateful to them
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Joe Stains said...

woo have some fun! have a wee dram of Scotch for us!!

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Ahhh Jakey, thank you for the serenade, it was so romantic....especially Gussie's version, heehee, and you hit the high notes perfectly, must be the sea breeze!
It's great having you here in Bonnie Scotland....can't you stay forever? (I hope you're wearing your Frontline, that heather we'll be rolling in is full of nasty ticks, yuk!
Smooches,
Your Gabbi xxxx

Asta said...

Deaw Jakey and Just Hawwy..
I'm helping plan the wheeley babies chwistening and was wondewing if Inspectows Maigwet and Clouseu would be willing to be theiw godfathews.
They wewe so vewy helpful in finding my little nephew and we'd be honowed if they would accept this wesponsibility
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Princess Patches said...

We hope you're having a great time in Scotland, Jakey! Don't forget to stop by and see Marvin and his Jeannie!

BTW, we don't know exactly where Hull, Ga. is, but you're probably right...it would be at least a 3 syllable word here! Not for us, though...we have Ohio accents!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh boys...we love that song!!! We always hope Scruffy takes the low road cuz it's better not to travel behind him if ya get what we're talkin' bout...

BTW...um...you little inspector detective Wheelies???

I HEARD THEY WANT TO DATE ME!!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Have them give me a call on my cell or text me...I'll pencil them in for a DATE!!!!!!!!!

So can't wait!

Laciegirlie

William Tell said...

I can just hear your song (sung with the proper Scottish lilt) and loved it!

Happy Tails,
William Tell