Angel Jake at the RBC (Rainbow Broadcasting Corporation)

Angel Jake at the RBC (Rainbow Broadcasting Corporation)

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Look what we're getting for my Gotcha' Day!!!

Dear Pals,

When I sat down to tell you all about my third Gotcha' Day this morning, I first took a look at what we wrote last year. And what I found was so personal and detailed and loving -- I think Mom had a paw in it -- that I decided no way could we tell the story any better -- so, if you who are new don't mind - and if you are so inclined -- please take a look at our posts from September 8 and 9, 2007. That's me -- Just Harry -- still the silly goofball, even one year later. and just shy of four years old.


But we do have something special to announce. For the last week or so, Mom has been teasing everyone about two newcomers to the household, and, even though they are still en route, we found a secret photo that may give you all a serious clue!!!





Who are they? What are their names? Where did they come from? What have they been doing until now? We're afraid all that will have to wait until next Wednesday, when they will introduce themselves.

In the meantime, Jakey and I are celebrating my Gotcha' Day with explorations off leash outside on our back patio. It's still windy, but we love the breezes in our faces.

And last night Mom gave me a special walk. She held my leash very loosely and let me decide where I wanted to go. She was curious to see if I knew the way home. We walked down "poop alley" (the street where lots of doggies do their business) until I turned to come back towards home, and then we walked into our cul de sac. She thought I'd turn into our driveway, but I fooled her and continued to walk over to the golf course. I roamed around a bit -- inspecting the 18th hole, near where we live, and walked a bit along the cart path. Then I had enough. I looked up at Mom to see if she was still there, 'cause the leash was still so loose, I could barely feel her presence. Reassured, I walked confidently back to the hedge that edges the golf course, then down the cul de sac until I reached our driveway and turned in!! Mom was quite impressed.

Later today, I know we'll have some of our favorite treats -- popcorn (like last year, a Cubs-Cardinals game is on our TV) and peanut butter (not together), and -- even though our toy basket is overflowing -- a new toy or two. I noticed last week, when Mom was sorting some baskets, that she has a separate stash just waiting for the right moment. And what is a righter moment than my Gotcha' Day???

Lots and lots of wirey love to you all,

Just Harry

13 comments:

Gus said...

Happy Gotcha Day Harry:

Many happy returns of the day with your family.

From your friends
Gussie n Teka
in Tennessemee

Unknown said...

OMGOSH what happened to our CUBBIES? Even Booker's lucky collar didn't help ... Man-Dad went to bed very very angry.

Princess Patches said...

Happy, happy Gotcha Day, Harry! We hope you enjoy the popcorn and peanut butter. They might actually be good together! We can't wait to hear where your wheelies have been all this time!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Moco said...

Best wishes to you Just Harry. You are truly one lucky pup. May you celebrate many more Gotcha Days with your family.
Those newcomers are very suspicious lookng. I wonder if they came from the West Coast.

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Happy Gotcha Day Harry!!!
Hope it is grand!
Hugs
Sunny,Scooter&Jamie

Dewey Dewster said...

J & JH,

Looks like some clones have arrived ta cheer ya all up on yer Gotcha Day.....now yer not supposed ta attack those little look-a-likes fer sure....no siree...those are fer admirin' only....not fer chewin' on....wish we woulda thought of that when that porcupine jabbed us....had we backed off, we woulda been a whole lot better.....but he made us madder than Hades so we had ta get even.....'n so that's where he's residin' right now.....

Dewey Dewster here.....

Peanut said...

Happy Gotcha Day.

Molly the Airedale said...

Happy gotcha day, Harry! We hope you had the best day ever!
We can't wait to hear all about these cute WFT wheelies!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Joe Stains said...

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY HARRY! Sounds like you got a great walk and I know you will enjoy all those great treats. Lots of good dogs were 'got' this time of year!!

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

Happy Gotcha Day.

Essex & Deacon

We are safe and at home.

Kyanite said...

Opps!
I'm ever so sorry Harry, I'm late wishing you a very Happy Gotcha Day.
The silly thing is I actually remembered earlier in the week.

Love, and extra pats & pets just for you.
Blue

The Black and Tans. said...

Happy Gotcha Day Harry.

Have a great day.

Molly and Taffy

Eric said...

Just Harry, I' only just got back from Puppy Play School so I missed your gotcha day- aw I'm sorry... hope you had the most bestest waggiest day? Mmm peanut butter...n new toys. Never had pupcorn but I'm sure its scrumptious.

The new wheelies um - look - um just like you two!! So I'm sure they are just as nice...but some, calling themselves Wheelies United, have left threatening messages on my bloggie :( hope yours can help me scare them off if I need to? They look as though their bark would be enough to send them off.

Wags. Eric x