We decided to play the "Me Me" game too:
1. Your age? Me: 5 and a half. JH: Close to 3.
2. Your age when came to live with your people? Me: 3 and a half months. JH: About 8 months.
3. What color is the collar you’re wearing right now? We both have green nylon collars that match our harnesses. Not very attractive, but Mom is looking for something more elegant.
4. Who is your favorite person other than the people you live with? We love the folks at Dr. Dan's Animal Camp (aka Clinic) where we board when the folks have to travel or have meetings. And they love us. We also have a human sister who lives in Orlando; we love it when she comes to visit!
5. How much do you weigh? Last time out we each weighed about 22 pounds. I'm all muscle; JH is all nervous energy.
6. Most expensive thing you’ve ever chewed up? When I was a puppy, I scarfed up Mom's Gucci sunglasses in a split second. JH has been pretty selective until a few days ago when he chewed right through the corner of an antique book Mom had just bought.
7. Do you like other Dogs? We both do. We meet them all the time when we go out walking and at the dog park. We don't like the ones that growl at nothing though because we are very friendly and inquisitive.
8. Who is your best non-human friend? I hate to say it, but I think it's my brother, JH! And I know I'm his best friend too. He likes to lick my face and chew my tail, what greater proof of love?
9. Squeaky Toys or Tennis Balls? Definitely squeaky toys for both of us.We also like tug-a-dog ropes.
10. Do you like to be brushed? We much prefer brushing to being plucked (ouch) or combed (those knots).
11. Peanut Butter or Cheese? Peanut butter by far. But also cheese, and apples, and carrots, and ice!!!
12. Do your people cut your toenails? No, no, no. Dr. Dan's people do it and only once had a slight miss.
13. Any formal education? Mom and Dad crate-trained me when I was a puppy. They also had Emilio, who wore steel-toed boots, come every few weeks. He had a "presence." He helped me learn the basics -- "sit," "off," "out." But when it came to "heel," he told Mom that I was the stubbornest dog he had ever seen. Mom didn't like the way he was jerking my neck around, and fortunately that was the end of Emilio in my life. JH learned some of the basics in his former life, and from Ms. Lyn. But he still needs some help with one of the more personal things, if you know what I mean.
14. Couch potato or Energizer Bunny? We can run and run and run; but we can also snooze and snooze and snooze.
15. Five nicknames your people call you . Me: Jakey, Jakester, Baby Dog, JH: The Harold, Buddy, Little Goof Ball, Herr Pooper, Super Sniffer.
16. What is your best trick? Nobody believes that I do this, but when Mom asks, "Jakey, are you hungry?" I lick my chops. When she asks, "Breakfast?" I lick them again and then run to the food bowl. Also, when she puts the food down, I lick her arm. JH just runs to his food bowl as soon as he hears the question.
17. Do you like kitties? When I was a puppy, I met a kitten named Sebastian at Dr. D's. I must not have known that Sebastian was a kitten because we became good friends. Other than him, I have not liked most cats and I do not understand why they can roam at will while we have to be on a leash.
18. What did you have for breakfast? We both had Solid Gold Hund n' Flocken.
19. Can you hunt (aka have you ever killed anything living)? We've both treed a few squirrels, but never killed. And JH has chased a lot of little frogs.
20. When & why was the last time you went to the V.E.T.? I had my check-up in May. Harry will have his in September.
21. Where do you sleep at night? We share the bedroom with Mom and Dad and have our own beds and pillows that we exchange with each other during the night. Sometimes I like to sleep right by Mom's side of the bed so that when she gets up, she puts her foot down and finds me.
22. Do you like to swim? We never have. JH did have a delicious experience with a mud puddle at the dog park, a very squishy experience that makes me think he'd like to swim, And I love to bite the water that irrigates the golf course near our house.
23. Can you make puppies? Nope.
24. Do you give kisses? JH is the kisser; he loves to give really sloppy kisses to everyone. I'm more reserved and just give soulful looks to the people I love, especially Mom.
25. Can you potty on command? Not on command, but at the proper moment in the proper place. JH, ahem, occasionally has a bit of trouble distinguishing the carpet on the stair landing from the grass outside.
26. To Cuz or not to Cuz? We have no idea what a cuz is. Could someone explain?
If this looks like fun, or if you are just sitting there reading other doggies blogs, join the game!
Hiding and Peeking with Shyla
14 hours ago